Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
6 ways to soak up the glitz and glamour of Hollywood
Streets paved with stars, studio backlots, celebrity mansions from Beverly Hills to Bel Air
If La La Land didn’t leave you dreaming of Tinseltown, these Hollywood-centric outings will. Bring the Big Screen glamour and movie magic of Old—and new—Hollywood to life as you get the camera rolling on these things to do in Los Angeles.
- Scope out celebrity homes: See the grand estates and drool-worthy mansions where the mega millionaires of the movie biz sleep at night. On a tour with Starline Tours of Hollywood, you can scope out the residences of A-listers like Jennifer Aniston, Tom Cruise, and Orlando Bloom, plus get a behind-the-scenes look at where these actors and actresses work at Warner Brothers Studios. If you want to venture out of the city, head up the coast to Malibu, where Leonardo DiCapro, Charlize Theron, and Bruce Willis are among the stars to call this stunning beach town home.
- See studios and filming locations: Grab your camera and get ready to experience the lights and action of LA’s movie-making studios and iconic filming locations. With Bikes and Hikes LA, you can hop on two wheels to pedal through the entertainment capital of the world, hitting up sites like Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon Studios, or CBS Studios. If you’d rather explore on foot than by bike, head out with Downtown LA Walking Tours, whose movie buff guides can lead you to real-world sets seen in blockbuster flicks like Independence Day, Bridesmaids, and
- Stroll the Walk of Fame: Walk in the footsteps—er, handprints—of your favorite celebs as you visit iconic Hollywood spots like the Chinese Theater and the stars of the Walk of Fame. With Legends of Hollywood, you can cruise between red carpet locales in a vehicle equipped with an HD monitor loaded up with film clips to watch as you ride. Or, opt for a private outing through Hollywood with the pros at Another Side Tours, who can take you from the Hollywood Sign to the Chateau Marmont and the shops of Rodeo Drive.
- See the Hollywood sign from the sky: Get an unparalleled view of LA’s most iconic hillside as you take to the skies over the city with Orbic Air Helicopter Tours. In a state-of-the-art helicopter, soar over the rolling landscapes of the Hollywood Hills and Griffith Park, spot the dome of the Griffith Park Observatory below you, and then get your camera ready as you approach the towering white letters of the Hollywood sign. If you’d like, you can extend the tour to get a bird’s-eye view of historic Hollywood and ritzy neighborhoods like Beverly Hills and Bel-Air, as well.
- Drink like a star: Slip into your most red carpet-ready gown and head out to paint the town, discovering Hollywood’s famous nightlife hot spots and the watering holes where stars—past and present—were known to linger. With the in-the-know locals at Urban Adventures, you can follow in the footsteps of Marilyn Monroe, Charlie Chaplin, and Ernest Hemingway as you sip cocktails popular during Hollywood’s Golden Age, like a fizzy French 75. Hear the stories behind landmarks like Boardner’s, the last place Elizabeth Short was seen before the so-called Black Dahlia murder, and pop into the Snow White Café, the cozy tavern where Walt Disney used to enjoy coffee and waffles.
- Meet the wax version in person: Leaving town and haven’t had a single celebrity sighting? Madame Tussauds has you covered. In this beloved wax museum, you can “meet” more than 125 life-like celebs, from Lady Gaga and Michael Jackson to Snoop Dogg and Audrey Hepburn. With elaborate sets and plenty of opportunities to interact with the exhibits and pose for memorable photos with the silver screen elite.
What’s your favorite way to get a brush with fame in La La Land?
Expedia compensates authors for their writings appearing on this site, such compensation may include travel and other costs.