Estimated reading time: 1 minute
Introducing exciting new attractions at Walt Disney World
During summer 2016, Walt Disney World is raising the curtain on some exciting changes across all four of their theme parks.
Recently, we were on the ground at Walt Disney World in Orlando to get a sneak peek at some of what visitors can expect over the coming months. Here are a few of the highlights, as shared by Disney, and a video that we put together so that you can see why there are even more reasons to visit Walt Disney World in 2016.
- A flurry of fireflies awakens the iconic Tree of Life with colorful animation, and the songs of Disney’s new hit film The Jungle Book come to life on Discovery River, just two of the many new experiences as Disney’s Animal Kingdom introduces nighttime hours for the first time in the park’s 18-year history.
- Frozen, the top animated film of all time, comes to life for the first time in an enchanting, music-filled attraction in the Norway pavilion at Epcot.
- Princesses Tiana and Rapunzel join a rousing show on the grandest stage of all in front of Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom Park.
- An awe-inspiring new Star Wars fireworks and projection spectacular premieres at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Disney Springs welcomes more top shopping destinations and celebrity chef restaurants in a glittering new setting.
- At Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park, Olaf from Disney’s animated hit Frozen, will be living his “In Summer” dream as he and Kristoff host The Frozen Games of friendly, fun competitions.
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park castaways can splash down on a sandy summer beach with a cold ale and savory snack after a wild slide on Crush ‘n’ Gusher water coaster.
Looking for more Walt Disney World Inspiration? Check out the videos we filmed—they give you the “Top 5” of everything you might be wondering about.
Ready to book? Consider a money-saving package right here on Expedia.com.
Which is your favorite Walt Disney World theme park?
Expedia compensates authors for their writings appearing on this site, such compensation may include travel and other costs.
This author has either a relationship with, or received other compensation (which may include monetary or in-kind compensation) from, the product or service providers that are the subject of this post.
Latest posts by No Vacation Required (see all)
- Out of this world food at Disneyland Resort - March 24, 2019
- 4 Areas in New York State that WorldPride visitors shouldn’t miss - March 21, 2019
- A New York State of Pride: WorldPride 2019 in New York - February 20, 2019