Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
Discover Latin America
Exploring Central and South America with Expedia and Avianca airlines
Look out your window. Those cloudy skies and leafless trees mean that it’s time to start planning your winter getaway. We have a suggestion for you to consider as you dream about a travel adventure to a sunnier location: Latin America.
We’ve been to many countries throughout Central and South America and can’t recommend this slice of the world highly enough. In fact, we love it so much that we have spent several months at a time exploring the continent. The warm climate and even warmer culture make Latin America the perfect escape from blustery winter weather. But there is a lot more than warmth beckoning you to Latin America.
From the sultry tango salons of Argentina and chic resorts of Uruguay to the ancient archeological sites of Peru and trendsetting art of Colombia, there are options for every kind of traveler. So whether you are looking for dazzling tropical beaches or dizzying Andean peaks (or something in between), Latin America has it all. The only problem is, with so many options, how can you decide which kind of vacation is best for you?
Don’t worry, we have you covered.
Expedia has partnered with Avianca airlines to give you all of the information you need to plan the perfect getaway to Latin America. Over the coming weeks, our team of Expedia Viewfinder bloggers will share with you some of their best travel suggestions and bucket-list items for Central and South America.
Here is what else you can look forward to:
• If your idea of the perfect winter getaway is eating outstanding food, you’ll want to check out our post on Latin American cuisine. We can practically taste the alfajores and salsa de aji as we type this.
• Thinking about creating some really unforgettable travel memories with the entire family? See what we have to say on family travel to Latin America.
• Travelers who like a little adrenaline rush with their sunshine are going to want to dive into our post on adventure travel in Latin America.
• When it comes to culture, Latin America can’t be beat. You’ll see why that isn’t an overstatement in our post that details cultural travel to Latin America.
Viewfinder Tip: Avianca is a member of Star Alliance, which means you can connect with its extensive network from practically every major city in the United States.
Armed with expert advice from the Expedia Viewfinder team, you can start to plan your perfect dream vacation to Latin America. Since Avianca has more gateways in North America connecting to Latin America than any other carrier in the world, it makes sense to use them when you go to book your flights. And once in Latin America, you can maximize your visit by leveraging Avianca’s extensive network to get around. (Because you don’t want to just see one place, do you?)
We are really excited to get you inspired to discover Latin America, so be sure to check back weekly through December for new stories. Also, have a peek at the great deals on flights to Central and South America, including Avianca’s “Destination of the Month,” and connect with Avianca on Twitter and Facebook.
Ready? Set? Let’s fly!
What is your favorite destination in South America?
For our latest posts on travel in Latin America, check out these stories:
Expedia compensates authors for their writings appearing on this site, such compensation may include travel and other costs.
This author has either a relationship with, or received other compensation (which may include monetary or in-kind compensation) from, the product or service providers that are the subject of this post.
Latest posts by No Vacation Required (see all)
- We’ve been inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and it’s amazing - May 28, 2019
- Out of this world food at Disneyland Resort - March 24, 2019
- 4 Areas in New York State that WorldPride visitors shouldn’t miss - March 21, 2019