- This event has passed.
Expedia Holiday Photo Contest
December 24, 2013
Oh, the holidays. It brings visions of crackling fireplaces, caroling, holiday movie marathons, and sugar plums dancing in our heads. But as lighthearted as this time of year is meant to be, the thought of travel around the holidays can be anything but. So to bring a little more joy to this holiday travel season we’re giving the gift of travel with a $500 coupon to use on Expedia.com. To enter is easy: simply snap a holiday pic (or use a pic you’ve already taken), upload it to Twitter, and tweet it with the #ExpediaHolidayPic hashtag. Maybe it’s a photo of you opening a present, a photo of your favorite holiday food (or libation), a photo of your home all decorated for the holidays, or even a photo of your view sitting on a beach in a far-flung destination. Make it whatever holiday image comes to mind! Participants can tweet a photo anytime during Christmas day between 9 a.m. PST and 9 p.m. PST. We’ll later randomly pick a winner of the $500 Expedia travel coupon.
From everyone here at Expedia, we wish you and your loved ones a Happy Holidays!
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase will not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years old and have a Twitter account. Employees of Expedia, Inc., as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter.
- Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Expedia, Inc., 333 108th Avenue NE, Bellevue, WA 98004 (“Sponsor”).
- Agreement to Official Rules: By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 9:00 AM PST on December 25, 2013 and ends at 9:00 PM PST on December 25, 2013 (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: If you don’t already follow @Expedia on Twitter, visit http://twitter.com/Expedia and click on the icon to follow @Expedia. Once you are following @Expedia, tweet a holiday photo with the hashtag #ExpediaHolidayPic. Please see the Content Requirements for the photos below for additional details. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. If you attempt to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different Twitter accounts, identities, registrations, or logins, or through any other methods, Sponsor may exclude you from participating in the Sweepstakes.
- Content Requirements: Your photo must not: (a) prominently depict any person; (b) violate any third party rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademark rights, or rights of privacy and publicity; (c) depict any risky behavior; (d) prominently feature any trademarks or logos; or (g) have been entered in any other contest or have been published or distributed in any other media. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any photo for any reason. By submitting a photo, you represent and warrant that: (a) the photo is an original work created solely by you; (b) you own all rights to the photo; and (c) the Entry complies with all requirements of these Official Rules
- Sponsor’s Rights to Photos: By participating, you: (a) irrevocably grant Sponsor, its agents, licensees, and assigns the unconditional and perpetual (non-exclusive) right and permission to copyright, reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, and otherwise use your photo as-is or as-edited (with or without using your name) in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from you or any other party; (b) forever waive any rights of copyrights, trademark rights, privacy rights, and any other legal or moral rights that may preclude Sponsor’s use of your photo, or require any further permission for Sponsor to use the photo; and (c) agree not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against Sponsor on the grounds that any use of the photo, or any derivative works, infringes any of your rights as creator of the photo, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights, and moral rights.
- Drawing: After the Entry Period, Sponsor will select one (1) potential winner in a random drawing of all entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received. If Sponsor, in is sole discretion, deems that a photo does not comply with these Official Rules or is otherwise inappropriate to post, Sponsor may reject that entry and select another.
- Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: Sponsor will send a direct message from @Expedia to the potential winner’s Twitter account used to enter the Sweepstakes with instructions on how to claim the prize. In order to receive a direct message from Sponsor, you must (a) be following @Expedia and (b) have your account settings set to “unprotected” and/or “public.” If a potential winner does not respond and comply with the instructions in the direct message within three (3) days after Sponsor sent the direct message, he/she will forfeit the prize and Sponsor may award the prize to an alternate entrant. Only three (3) alternate entrants will be contacted. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the documents on his/her behalf.
- Prize: One (1) winner receive a coupon for $500 off any booking of a hotel or package on Expedia.com. The coupon expires May 31, 2014 and can only be used on one (1) booking. A winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person who seeks to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, the authorized account holder of the Twitter account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) any errors on the Twitter platform that may prevent an entrant from entering or receiving direct messages; (d) printing errors; (e) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (f) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Washington. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Washington or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington.