- This event has passed.
Expedia Las Vegas Partner Australia Giveaway
December 11, 2014
“Las Vegas Partner Australia Giveaway”
Terms and Conditions
1. Dates/Eligibility: The Expedia “Las Vegas Partner Australia Giveaway” supply partner promotion begins and ends on December 11, 2014 (“Entry Period”). Promotion is open to employees of Global Expedia Supply Partners who are at least twenty-one (21) years old. Employees of Expedia, Inc. as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees are not eligible to enter.
2. Agreement to Terms and Conditions: By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to (a) these Terms and Conditions and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. How to Enter: Stop by the Expedia booth in the vendor exhibit hall and drop your business card into the bowl. If you don’t have a business card, you may also complete an entry form at the exhibit booth. One (1) entry per person.
4. Prize: One (1) winner will receive a voucher for a trip for winner and one (1) guest for seven (7) nights to any destination in Australia that must take place between January 4, 2015 and December 11, 2015, final travel dates to be determined by the winner, which includes roundtrip airfare (economy class) for the winner and his/her travel companion to the selected city from the international or regional US gateway airport nearest the winner’s residence. Prize also includes hotel accommodations at any of the TFE Hotels (http://www.tfehotels.com) in Australia (hotel accommodations to be chosen by the winner, with value not to exceed Two Thousand Dollars (US $2,000)) for seven (7) nights. Winner and guest will also receive a credit for destination activities. The stay is subject to availability, blackout dates (including December 29, 2014 through January 3, 2015), and additional restrictions may apply. Choice of flights and airlines is at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The Prize will only be awarded to the entrant whose verifiable full name and valid e-mail address appears on the method of entry. The Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for, and accept no liability in relation to, any portion of the Prize that may be cancelled, rescheduled, delayed, postponed or otherwise affected for any reason.
The voucher is valid for one year from date of acceptance of prize (subject to availability at time of reservation). Voucher is subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of prize: up to Six Thousand Five Hundred Dollars (airfare ARV is $3,000; hotel ARV is $2,000; destination activities ARV is $1,500; total Prize ARV is $6,500).
The ARV is subject to change based on current market conditions and time of prize fulfillment and time of travel and the distance between departure and destination. Any difference between the ARV and actual value, if any, will not be awarded. No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of the prize or ay portion thereof is permitted. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. Winner may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason.
5. Prize Conditions: Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the following general conditions apply to the Prize: (i) Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, assignable or convertible to cash (except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion); (ii) all travel related to the Prize must occur within the dates specified above (otherwise the Prize will be forfeited in its entirety); (iii) the winner and his/her travel companion must: (a) travel on the same itinerary, (b) have all necessary documentation to permit international and/or regional travel; and (c) not have any barrier to entry into the destination chosen; (iv) the costs of everything not specifically stated above as included in the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner and his/her and travel companion, including, without limitation: meals and drinks; gratuities; entertainment; health and travel insurance; transportation for winner and his/her travel companion to and from the international or regional airport nearest the winner’s residence; transportation while in the Selected City; excess baggage fees; and items of a personal nature; (v) if the winner (and/or his/her travel companion) does not utilize any part(s) of the Prize, then any such part(s) not utilized will be forfeited in their entirety and nothing will be substituted in their place; (vi) Sponsor reserves the right at any time to: (a) place reasonable restrictions on the availability or use of the Prize or any component thereof; and (b) substitute the Prize or a component thereof for any reason with a prize or a prize component of equal or greater value, including, without limitation, but solely at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, a cash award; (vii) all travel arrangements relating to the Prize must be made through the Sponsor or its designated agents; (viii) by accepting the Prize, the winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Released Parties if the Prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part; (ix) the winner’s travel companion must be over the age of majority in his/her state of residence and must sign and return the Sponsor’s release (by the date indicated on the release form) indicating that he/she waives all recourse against the Released Parties relating to his/her participation in the Prize (including, without limitation, any travel related thereto); (x) all airline tickets are subject to availability at the time of booking; and (xi) neither Sponsor nor any of its prize suppliers will replace any lost or stolen tickets.
6. Prize Fulfillment: Air Tickets: The winner of the giveaway will be contacted by an Expedia rep within seven (7) days of winning and will be offered one or more airlines to book a travel itinerary with. The Expedia rep will work with the airline to undertake ticketing. The cost of air tickets will be borne by Expedia or by the selected airline partner. The traveler(s) will be responsible for any ancillaries that they may wish to add. While there will not be any black-out dates from Expedia, the airline may have restricted availability of the select fare class / seats.
Hotel: Expedia and TFE hotels will offer vouchers for seven (7) night stay in any of the TFE Hotels properties in Australia. TFE Hotels, under the joint venture between Far East Hospitality and Toga Group, is one of the largest hospitality management platforms in Australia. The black-out dates are Dec 29, 2014 – Jan 3, 2015, otherwise there are no other black-out dates and all retail inventory will be offered at prevailing prices. The winner will book by calling +61 2 9356 5062.
Activities: Expedia will offer a credit of $1,500 for activities in cities such as Sydney, Melbourne, Gold Coast, Cairns, Alices Springs, Uluru and more. The winner can go to www.expedia.com/activities and select the activities and dates. In case the winner requires some personal recommendations and advice, our Australia-based Expedia Local Expert team will be happy to help.
7. Selection of Winner: On or about December 11, 2014, in Las Vegas, Nevada, Sponsor will select one (1) potential winner in a random drawing of all entries received during the Entry Period. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received. Must be present to win.
8. Requirements of Potential Winner: If potential winner does not respond and comply with these Terms and Conditions, he/she will forfeit the prize and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such winner. If the prize is forfeited, Sponsor may award the prize to an alternate entrant. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. Unclaimed prize may not be awarded.
9. Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Promotion is impaired in any way, including, but not limited to fraud, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Promotion in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Terms and Conditions; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Promotion, violates these Terms and Conditions, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person who seeks to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Promotion is subject to federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
10. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in this promotion, the winner grants the Sponsor permission to use their name and likeness for advertising and future promotional purposes without additional compensations (except where prohibited). Winners are liable for any tax liability accruing as a result of this promotion. No transfer, assignment or substitution of a prize is permitted by any winner. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Terms and Conditions. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Expedia, its officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in this promotion, or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the promotion; (b)printing errors; ; (c) errors in the administration of the promotion or the processing of entries; or (d) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the promotion or acceptance, receipt use or misuse of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the promotion, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, incidental, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. By entering this promotion, entrants acknowledge that they have read and understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
11. Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Washington. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Washington or any other jurisdiction, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington.
12. Winners’ Names: For a listing of the names of the prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Expedia, Inc., 333 108th Avenue NE, Bellevue, WA 98004. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period.
13. Sponsor: Expedia, Inc., 333 108th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98004