- This event has passed.
#ExpediaChat: Cultural Travel
June 2, 2015
Join us for a “Cultural Travel” #ExpediaChat on June 3, 2015 at 11:00 a.m PT/2:00 p.m. ET. Learn more about cultural travel with Expedia Viewfinder bloggers @CaptainandClark, @KateLThomas and @hiptravelmama. We’re giving away one (1) $500 Expedia travel voucher, one (1) 3-night stay at Hotel Club Frances in Buenos Aires, and one (1) 3-night stay at Le Cinq Codet in Paris.
Join us each week from 11:00 AM-12:00 PM PT/2:00 PM-3:00 PM ET on Wednesdays for #ExpediaChat, our weekly sponsored Twitter chat. The topic and prize changes each week. To join, just search and follow the #Expediachat hashtag during these times. Our hosts will ask a series of questions and you can interact with the community to discuss each one. For your chance to win, make sure you are following @Expedia on Twitter, using the #Expediachat hashtag and tweeting at least once to be entered into the random drawing at the end of the chat. (NOTE: As the travel voucher is good for Expedia.com only; the sweepstakes rules below state that the winner must be a US resident.) You don’t have to be a frequent Twitter user to join in the chat. You can follow the hashtag simply using Twitter Search. However, we recommend using a Twitter application like HootSuite or Tweetdeck, where you can create a column solely for #Expediachat, or use TweetChat, which allows Twitter users to tweet and reply using the hashtag automatically. Stay abreast of sweepstakes rules by viewing the Expedia Twitter Sweepstakes Official Rules, which are reposted every week.
Official Chat Rules
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase will not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
1. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least twenty-one (21) years old and have a Twitter account. Employees of Expedia, Inc., as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter.
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Expedia, Inc., 333 108th Avenue NE, Bellevue, WA 98004(“Sponsor”).
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 11:00 AM PST and ends at 12:00 PM PST on June 3, 2015. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
5. How to Enter: If you don’t already follow @Expedia on Twitter, visit http://twitter.com/Expedia and click on the icon to follow @Expedia. Once you are following @Expedia, respond to the Sweepstakes question with the hashtag #Expediachat. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. If you attempt to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different Twitter accounts, identities, registrations, or logins, or through any other methods, Sponsor may exclude you from participating in the Sweepstakes.
6. Drawing: After the Entry Period, Sponsor will select one (1) potential winner in a random drawing of all entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received.
7. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winner: Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential winner will be notified by direct message on Twitter and will be asked to respond to provide their full name, telephone number (including area code), date of birth, mail and/or email address, and may be required to complete a Declaration of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) and any other documents required by Sponsor, which must be returned within three (3) days of the date appearing on the prize notification. In order to receive a direct message from Sponsor, you must (a) be following @Expedia and (b) have your account settings set to “unprotected” and/or “public.” Return of the prize notification as undeliverable, failure to sign and return requested documentation within the specified time period, the inability of Sponsor to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period or noncompliance with these Official Rules by a potential winner will result in such potential winner’s disqualification and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner for the applicable Entry Period. Only three (3) alternate entrants will be contacted. Sponsor will announce the winner on Twitter on June 12, 2015. If a potential winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the documents on his/her behalf.
Three (3) prizes will be given away as follows:
One (1) winner will receive one (1) 3-night stay at Hotel Club Frances in Buenos Aires. Winner is responsible for government taxes, fees, airfare to selected departure city, ground transportation between hotels, luggage fees, meals outside of those described above, souvenirs, incidentals, gratuities and prepaid service charges. Travel must be completed by May 31, 2016 and is subject to availability and restrictions. Black out dates include December 27, 2015 – January 3, 2016. Winner and his/her guest must travel together on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining any necessary documentation (i.e., valid visas, passports, etc.) prior to travel. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the prize is $1,200. Guests must be 21 years of age to redeem.
One (1) winner will receive one (1) 3-night stay at Le Cinq Codet in Paris. Winner is responsible for government taxes, fees, airfare to selected departure city, ground transportation between hotels, luggage fees, meals outside of those described above, souvenirs, incidentals, gratuities and prepaid service charges. Travel must be completed between June 15, 2015 – June 30, 2016 and is subject to availability and restrictions. Black out dates include September 4, 2015 – September 8, 2015, September 15, 2015 – September 16, 2015, October 13, 2015 – October 17, 2015, October 22, 2015 – October 25, 2015, December 24, 2015 – December 25, 2015, December 31, 2015 – January 1, 2016. Winner and his/her guest must travel together on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining any necessary documentation (i.e., valid visas, passports, etc.) prior to travel. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the prize is $939. Guests must be 21 years of age to redeem.
One (1) winner will receive a travel voucher for $500 off any booking for a package or hotel on Expedia.com. The travel voucher expires June 3, 2016 and can only be used on one (1) booking. A winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason.
9. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person who seeks to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, the authorized account holder of the Twitter account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
10. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) any errors on the Twitter platform that may prevent an entrant from entering or receiving direct messages; (d) printing errors; (e) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (f) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
11. Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Washington. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Washington or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington.