- This event has passed.
#ExpediaChat: Day of the Dead
November 1, 2017 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join us for a “Day of the Dead” #ExpediaChat on November 1, 2017 at 11:00 AM PT/2:00 PM ET. Learn about the holiday Día de los Muertos and travel to Mexico with @Expedia. We’re giving away one (1) $500 travel voucher and one (1) three (3) night stay at Sunscape Bavaro Beach Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic.
To join, search and follow the #ExpediaChat hashtag during these times. Our hosts will ask a series of questions relating to the topic and you can interact with the community to discuss each one. For your chance to win a prize, make sure you are following @Expedia on Twitter, using the hashtags #ExpediaChat and #Sweepstakes and tweeting at least once to be entered into the random drawing at the end of the chat. (NOTE: As the travel vouchers are good for Expedia.com only; the sweepstakes rules below state that the winners must be US residents.) You don’t have to be a frequent Twitter user to join in the chat. You can follow the hashtag by simply using Twitter Search. However, we recommend using a Twitter application like HootSuite or Tweetdeck, where you can create a column solely for #ExpediaChat, or use TweetChat, which allows Twitter users to tweet and reply using the hashtag automatically. Stay abreast of the sweepstakes rules by viewing the Expedia Twitter Sweepstakes Official Rules, which are reposted for each new #ExpediaChat.
Official Chat Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
In these Official Rules, the term “you” refers to any person who enters, or who wishes to enter, the Sweepstakes.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States and District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years old and have a Twitter account. Employees of Expedia, Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, prize suppliers and advertising/promotion agencies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter.
- Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Expedia, Inc., 333 108th Avenue NE, Bellevue, WA 98004(“Sponsor”).
- Agreement to Official Rules: By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 11:00 AM PST on November 1, 2017 and ends at 12:00 PM PST on November 1, 2017. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: If you don’t already follow @Expedia on Twitter, visit http://twitter.com/Expedia and click on the icon to follow @Expedia. Once you are following @Expedia, respond to the Sweepstakes question with the hashtags #ExpediaChat and #Sweepstakes. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. If you attempt to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different Twitter accounts, identities, registrations, or logins, or through any other methods, Sponsor may exclude you from participating in the Sweepstakes.
- Drawing: After the Entry Period, at approximately 1:00 pm PST at Expedia’s office at 333 108th Avenue NE, Bellevue, WA, 98004, Sponsor will select two (2) potential winners in a random drawing of all entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received.
- Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be notified by direct message on Twitter and will be asked to respond to provide their full name, telephone number (including area code), date of birth, mail and/or email address, and may be required to complete a Declaration of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) and any other documents required by Sponsor, which must be returned within three (3) days of the date appearing on the prize notification. In order to receive a direct message from Sponsor, you must (a) be following @Expedia and (b) have your account settings set to “unprotected” and/or “public.” Return of the prize notification as undeliverable, failure to sign and return requested documentation within the specified time period, the inability of Sponsor to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period or noncompliance with these Official Rules by a potential winner will result in such potential winner’s disqualification and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner for the applicable Entry Period. Only three (3) alternate entrants per prize will be contacted. Sponsor will announce the winners on Twitter on November 7, 2017. If a potential winner(s) is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the documents on his/her behalf.
- Prize(s): Two (2) prizes will be given away as follows:
First Prize: One (1) winner will receive prize that consists of a travel voucher for $500 off any booking for a package (flight + hotel) or stand-alone hotel on Expedia.com. The travel voucher expires November 1, 2018 and can only be used on one (1) booking.
Re-bookings are not allowed. The value of the booking is not refundable. Booking is subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. Certain blackout dates and travel restrictions may apply.
The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the first prize is $500.00.
Second Prize: One (1) winner will receive a complimentary three (3) night hotel-only stay for two (2) people at Sunscape Bavaro Beach Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic including resort taxes. Airfare, airfare tax and transportation are not included. Accommodations are for two adults in the lead in room category. Winner can choose to upgrade to a higher room category upon check in, at an additional cost. Winner can also bring additional guests for additional charge. Blackout dates include, but are not limited to, Thanksgiving, Easter, Christmas, New Years and Presidents Day. Stay is valid for one year from the date of drawing and is based on availability. You must make a reservation to guarantee space as availability changes daily. Reservations must be made a minimum of 120 days prior to arrival for travel January-April and 30 days prior to travel for May-December. Reservations are subject to complimentary allotment and may not be available even if rooms are available on the brand specific website or through another travel provider. Certificate is non-transferable, holds no cash value and cannot be extended. Ground transportation, room charges incurred, spa treatments, telephone calls, incidentals and all other additional expenses are not included. Travel must be completed by November 1, 2018. The resort will attempt to accommodate winner’s preferred itinerary, but all specifics thereof will be at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
The original certificate is required at check in; otherwise the complimentary reservation will be void. Please see voucher for booking details.
The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the second prize is $550.00.
Total ARV of all prizes is $1,050.00.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person who seeks to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, the authorized account holder of the Twitter account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) any errors on the Twitter platform that may prevent an entrant from entering or receiving direct messages; (d) printing errors; (e) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (f) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Washington. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Washington or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington.
- Results: The winner will be announced on the following Expedia subdomain: https://viewfinder.expedia.com/features/celebrating-expediachat-winners-2017/