- This event has passed.
#ExpediaChat: Extend Your Summer
August 3, 2016 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join us for an “Extend Your Summer” #ExpediaChat on August 3, 2016 at 11:00 AM PT/2:00 PM ET. Learn about the best hacks in travel with Expedia Viewfinder bloggers @GirlGoneTravel and @CaptainandClark. We’re giving away one (1) $500 Expedia travel voucher and two (2) roundtrip economy class positive space tickets from any AeroMexico US Gateway to any Mexican destination.
Join us each week on Wednesday from 11:00 AM-12:00 PM PT/2:00 PM-3:00 PM ET for #ExpediaChat, our weekly sponsored Twitter chat. To join, search and follow the #ExpediaChat hashtag during these times. Our hosts will ask a series of questions relating to the topic of the week and you can interact with the community to discuss each one. For your chance to win a prize, make sure you are following @Expedia on Twitter, using the #Expediachat hashtag and tweeting at least once to be entered into the random drawing at the end of the chat. (NOTE: As the travel vouchers are good for Expedia.com only; the sweepstakes rules below state that the winners must be US residents.) You don’t have to be a frequent Twitter user to join in the chat. You can follow the hashtag by simply using Twitter Search. However, we recommend using a Twitter application like HootSuite or Tweetdeck, where you can create a column solely for #ExpediaChat, or use TweetChat, which allows Twitter users to tweet and reply using the hashtag automatically. Stay abreast of the sweepstakes rules by viewing the Expedia Twitter Sweepstakes Official Rules, which are reposted every week.
Official Chat Rules
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
In these Official Rules, the term “you” refers to any person who enters, or who wishes to enter, the Sweepstakes.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least twenty-one (21) years old and have a Twitter account. Employees of Expedia, Inc., as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter.
- Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Expedia, Inc., 333 108th Avenue NE, Bellevue, WA 98004(“Sponsor”).
- Agreement to Official Rules: By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 11:00 AM PST and ends at 12:00 PM PST on August 3, 2016. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: If you don’t already follow @Expedia on Twitter, visit http://twitter.com/Expedia and click on the icon to follow @Expedia. Once you are following @Expedia, respond to the Sweepstakes question with the hashtag #Expediachat. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. If you attempt to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different Twitter accounts, identities, registrations, or logins, or through any other methods, Sponsor may exclude you from participating in the Sweepstakes.
- Drawing: After the Entry Period, at approximately 1:00 pm PST at Expedia’s office at 333 108th Avenue NE, Bellevue, WA, 98004, Sponsor will select two (2) potential winners in a random drawing of all entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received.
- Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be notified by direct message on Twitter and will be asked to respond to provide their full name, telephone number (including area code), date of birth, mail and/or email address, and may be required to complete a Declaration of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) and any other documents required by Sponsor, which must be returned within three (3) days of the date appearing on the prize notification. In order to receive a direct message from Sponsor, you must (a) be following @Expedia and (b) have your account settings set to “unprotected” and/or “public.” Return of the prize notification as undeliverable, failure to sign and return requested documentation within the specified time period, the inability of Sponsor to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period or noncompliance with these Official Rules by a potential winner will result in such potential winner’s disqualification and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner for the applicable Entry Period. Only three (3) alternate entrants per prize will be contacted. Sponsor will announce the winner on Twitter on August 12, 2016. If a potential winner(s) is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the documents on his/her behalf.
- Prize(s): Two (2) prizes will be given away as follows:
Travel Voucher: One (1) winner will receive a travel voucher for $500 off any booking for a package or stand-alone hotel on Expedia.com. The travel voucher expires August 3, 2017 and can only be used on one (1) booking. A winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason.
Re-bookings are not allowed. The value of the booking is not refundable. Booking is subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. Certain blackout dates and travel restrictions may apply.
AeroMexico Travel Certificate: One (1) winner will receive two (2) economy class round-trip positive space tickets on AeroMexico from any US AeroMexico gateway to any Mexican destination. Winner is responsible for government taxes, fees, airfare to/from departure city (if required), ground transportation, luggage fees, any/all hotel accommodations, meals, souvenirs, incidentals, gratuities and prepaid service charges. In the event that any tax withholding is required by law for a prize, winner authorizes Sponsor to make the corresponding deduction. Travel must be completed by July 29, 2017 and is subject to availability and restrictions. Winner and his/her guest must travel together on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining any necessary documentation (i.e., valid visas, passports, etc.) prior to travel. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) is $2,000.
Re-bookings are not allowed. The value of the tickets is not refundable. Tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer.
Actual value of a prize may vary based on rates at time of booking and travel dates. Any difference between stated ARV and actual value will not be awarded. Guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18), unless the child or legal ward of a winner and must sign a liability/publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents. If guest is a child or legal ward of a winner, winner must sign and return release on behalf of such child or legal ward.
Air travel is valid on AeroMexico flights only 001 – 4999 and do not apply on any code share flights. Blackout dates may apply. All requests for travel will be subject to availability in “G” class. If availability exists, a reservation code will be sent to you via email. If alternate flights and/or dates exist, that information may be sent to you. Travel arrangements must be made at least two (2) weeks before departure. Applicable taxes and surcharges are not included and must be paid before tickets are issued. Payment must be made by Credit or Debit Card. All reservations and ticketing arrangements must be made directly with AeroMexico. See prize letter for complete booking details.
Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Winner may not transfer, assign or substitute a prize, or redeem a prize for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. Prizes are awarded “as is” without any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor.
Total ARV of all prizes: $2,500.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person who seeks to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, the authorized account holder of the Twitter account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) any errors on the Twitter platform that may prevent an entrant from entering or receiving direct messages; (d) printing errors; (e) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (f) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Washington. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Washington or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington.