- This event has passed.
#Expediachat: Road trips
May 15, 2014
May 21: Road trips
We are less than a week from one of our favorite days of the year. No, not National Wine Day (although we do love some wine). We’re talking about Memorial Day, which is one of our favorite days and weekends of the year because it really kicks off the summer travel season. And what better way to kick off summer than by taking a road trip. So for this week’s #Expediachat we’re talking all things road trips, from tips and recommendations for planning it to road trip recommendations to tips for staying healthy on the road and more. Gather your favorite road trips photos to share on Twitter as well! We’ll be sharing our favorite tweeted road trip pics the last 30 minutes of the chat!
While the perk of #Expediachat is fanning the flames of your wanderlust and providing you with recommendations for your next big trip, you’ll also have the chance to travel on Expedia’s dime, as we’ll be giving away a $500 travel voucher to one participant. Additionally, we’re giving away a San Antonio vacation package for two, featuring a two-night stay at the Hotel Havana, flights for two and two tickets for the Grand Tour of San Antonio. Join us with our hosts, Expedia Viewfinder travel bloggers Spencer Spellman, Trip Styler and Midlife Road Trip.
Join us each week from 10:30 AM-12:00 PM PT/1:30 PM-3:00 PM ET on Wednesdays for #Expediachat, our weekly sponsored Twitter chat. The topic and prize changes each week. To join, just search and follow the #Expediachat hashtag during these times. Our hosts will ask a series of questions and you can interact with the community to discuss each one. To win, make sure you are following @Expedia on Twitter, using the #Expediachat hashtag and tweeting at least once to be entered into the random drawing at the end of the chat.
(NOTE: As the coupon is good for Expedia.com only, the contest rules below state that the winner must be a US resident)
You don’t have to be a frequent Twitter user to join in the chat. You can follow the hashtag simply using Twitter Search. However, we recommend using a Twitter application like HootSuite or Tweetdeck, where you can create a column solely for #Expediachat, or use TweetChat, which allows Twitter users to tweet and reply using the hashtag automatically.
Stay abreast of sweepstakes rules by viewing the Expedia Twitter Sweepstakes Official Rules, which are reposted every week.
Official Chat Rules
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase will not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
1. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years old and have a Twitter account. Employees of Expedia, Inc., as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter.
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Expedia, Inc., 333 108th Avenue NE, Bellevue, WA 98004(“Sponsor”).
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 10:30 AM PST and ends at 12:00 PM PST on May 21, 2014. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
5. How to Enter: If you don’t already follow @Expedia on Twitter, visit http://twitter.com/Expedia and click on the icon to follow @Expedia. Once you are following @Expedia, respond to the Sweepstakes question with the hashtag #Expediachat. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. If you attempt to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different Twitter accounts, identities, registrations, or logins, or through any other methods, Sponsor may exclude you from participating in the Sweepstakes.
6. Drawing: After the Entry Period, Sponsor will select one (1) potential winner in a random drawing of all entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received.
7. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: Sponsor will announce the winner on Twitter by 3:00 PM PT on May 21, 2014. Additionally, sponsor will send a direct message from @Expedia to the potential winner’s Twitter account used to enter the Sweepstakes with instructions on how to claim the prize. In order to receive a direct message from Sponsor, you must (a) be following @Expedia and (b) have your account settings set to “unprotected” and/or “public.” If a potential winner does not respond and comply with the instructions in the direct message within 3 days after Sponsor sent the direct message, he/she will forfeit the prize and Sponsor may award the prize to an alternate entrant. Only three (3) alternate entrants will be contacted. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the documents on his/her behalf.
One (1) winner receive a coupon for $500 off any booking for a package or hotel on Expedia.com. The coupon expires May 31, 2015 and can only be used on one (1) booking. A winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason.
One (1) winner will receive a San Antonio travel package for two, including a two-night stay at the Hotel Havana, two flights and two tickets for the Grand Tour of San Antonio. The approximate retail value of the prize is $1,309. The stay must be completed by May 2015 and is subject to availability and restrictions. Guests must be 21 years of age to redeem. A winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any expenses not listed above, including transportation to the hotel. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason.