- This event has passed.
Expedia’s “7 Days of Giveaways” Sweepstakes
December 17, 2018 @ 12:01 am - December 23, 2018 @ 11:59 pm
Expedia’s “7 Days of Giveaways” Sweepstakes
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
Information on how to enter, the prizes and rules for redeeming the prizes form part of the terms and conditions of entry for the Sweepstakes. Participation in the Sweepstakes is deemed to be acceptance of these official rules (“Official Rules”) and any other notices referenced herein.
In these Official Rules, the term “you” refers to any person who enters, or who wishes to enter, the Promotion.
- Eligibility: Expedia’s “7 Days of Giveaways Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years old or older at time of entry. Employees of Expedia, Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates, retailers, distributors, officers, directors, employees, contractors, governors, related entities, partners, partnerships, principals, agents, attorneys, insurers, licensees, sponsors, representatives, shareholders, successors and assigns, and advertising/promotion agencies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and/or household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter or to win.
- Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Expedia, Inc., 333 108th Avenue NE, Bellevue, WA 98004 (“Sponsor”).
- Agreement to Official Rules: By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 AM Pacific Time (PT) on December 17, 2018 and ends at 11:59 PM PT on December 24, 2018 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).The Sweepstakes Period will include seven (7) daily entry periods as outlined in the chart below (each, an “Entry Period”). Entries (defined below) submitted and received during any given Entry Period will be carried over into any subsequent Entry Period(s). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
|Entry Period||Starts at 12:01 AM PT on:||Ends at 11:59 PM PT on:|
|1||December 17, 2018||December 17, 2018|
|2||December 18, 2018||December 18, 2018|
|3||December 19, 2018||December 19, 2018|
|4||December 20, 2018||December 20, 2018|
|5||December 21, 2018||December 21, 2018|
|6||December 22, 2018||December 22, 2018|
|7||December 23, 2018||December 23, 2018|
- How to Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter the Sweepstakes, you must, at any time during the Sweepstakes Period, complete the following:
- Visit the sweepstake landing page at https://viewfinder.expedia.com/quizzes/expedias-7-days-of-giveaways/;
- Follow the instructions and click the active tile for that day’s giveaway;
- Enter your full name and email address; and
- Submit your completed information to receive one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes.
Note: All entries will have an equal chance of winning.
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per day for up to a total of seven (7) entries during the Sweepstakes Period. Entries will not be acknowledged. If you attempt to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, or logins, or through any other methods, Sponsor may exclude you from participating in the Sweepstakes. Participation is subject to Expedia’s Terms of Service. When you enter, you are providing information to Sponsor. No purchase necessary.
- Random Drawings: On each of the dates listed in the chart below (each, a “Draw Date”) on or about 9:00 am PT at Expedia’s office at 333 108th Avenue NE, Bellevue, WA, 98004, Sponsor or its agent will select one (1) potential winner in a random drawing of all entries received during the Entry Period. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received.
|Entry Period||Draw Date||Prize|
|1||December 18, 2018||$500 USD Expedia Travel Voucher|
|2||December 19, 2018||$200 USD Expedia Travel Voucher|
|3||December 20, 2018||$200 USD Expedia Travel Voucher|
|4||December 21, 2018||$200 USD Expedia Travel Voucher|
|5||December 22, 2018||$500 USD Expedia Travel Voucher|
|6||December 23, 2018||$200 USD Expedia Travel Voucher|
|7||December 24, 2018||$200 USD Expedia Travel Voucher|
- Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be notified via email using the potential winner’s email address stated on the entry submission with instructions on how to claim the prize. If a potential winner does not respond and comply with the instructions in the email message within fourteen (14) days from the date the message was sent, and after one (1) attempt to contact a potential winner, he/she will forfeit the prize and Sponsor may award the prize to an alternate entrant. Only three (3) alternate entrants will be contacted for the Prize. Such newly selected potential winner will be notified by email within three (3) business days of the drawing, using the contact details provided by that person when entering the Sweepstakes. Except where prohibited, a potential winner will be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded.
- Prizes: There are seven (7) prizes (each, a “Prize”) available to be won at the start of the Sweepstakes Period. One (1) Prize, consisting of a travel voucher in the amount identified in the Draw Date chart above and good for any booking for a package or stand-alone hotel on Expedia.com will be allocated to each Entry Period. The travel voucher expires December 31, 2019 and can only be used on one (1) booking.
Total ARV of all Sweepstakes prizes is up to $2,000. The actual retail value may vary depending on the point of departure, travel itinerary, and costs of air transportation at time of award.
Re-bookings are not allowed. The value of the booking is not refundable. Booking is subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. Certain blackout dates and travel restrictions may apply.
Prize winners are responsible for paying any applicable federal, state, local, income and withholding taxes, if any. In the event that any tax withholding is required by law for the prize, winner authorizes Sponsor to make the corresponding deduction. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellations or delays. Sponsor will not be liable for any airline and/or hotel fees incurred as a consequence of changing or cancelling flight and/or hotel reservations. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or prize components. Winner may not transfer, assign, or substitute the prize, or redeem the prize for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Prize is awarded “as is” without any warranty or guarantee, either express of implied by Sponsor.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Washington. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, including its choice of laws provision.
- Results: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Expedia’s 7 Days of Giveaways Sweepstakes,” Expedia, Inc., 333 108th Avenue NE, Bellevue, WA 98004. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period.