- This event has passed.
Expedia’s #RoadtripGB Instagram Contest
September 2, 2016 @ 12:00 pm - October 6, 2016 @ 12:00 pm
Expedia’s “#RoadtripGB” Instagram Contest
Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Information on how to enter, the prizes and rules for redeeming the prizes form part of the terms and conditions of entry for the Contest. Participation in the Contest is deemed acceptance of these “Official Rules” (“Official Rules”) and any other notices referenced herein.
In these Official Rules, the term “you” refers to any person who enters, or who wishes to enter, the Contest.
- Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Expedia, Inc., 333 108th Avenue NE, Bellevue, WA 98004 (“Sponsor”).
- Agreement to Official Rules: By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Contest Period: The Contest begins at 12:01 pm Pacific Time (“PT”) on Friday, September 2, 2016 and ends at 11:59 pm PT on Thursday, October 6, 2016 (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
- How to Enter the Contest: You must have an Instagram Account and you must also follow @Expedia on Instagram.
Once you are following @Expedia, submit an Entry during the Entry Period by posting a new photo/video to your Instagram account showing your favorite summer road trip moment and tag #RoadtripGB and #Contest in your caption. Include a brief write-up (2-5 sentences) in your caption telling us why your entry is the highlight of your summer road tripping, and why it’s personally significant to you, and you will be entered to win. Your post will be referred to as your Entry (“Entry”).
You may enter as many times as you wish, but each entry must be a unique photo/video. Entries must be posted or reposted from a public account during the entry period. You cannot simply “tag” an older photo/video. Those posted from private accounts and/or posted outside of the entry period will not be considered eligible. Please see the Submission Requirements below for additional details. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Instagram account. Your photo must be published to your own Instagram account during the duration of the campaign.
Entrants must have permission from all individuals that appear in the Entry (if any) to use their name and likeness in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein.
Entries will not be acknowledged. If you attempt to obtain Entry by using multiple/different Instagram Accounts, email addresses, identities, registrations or logins, or through other methods, Sponsor may exclude you from participating in the Contest. When you enter, you are providing information to Sponsor. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Entries; all of which will be void. No purchase necessary.
By entering on Instagram, you agree that your Entry conforms to the Submission Requirements as defined below (“Submission Requirements”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify you from the Contest if it believes that your Entry fails to conform to the Submission Requirements.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Standard text messaging, data and/or other rates apply to participants who submit a Post via a wireless mobile device. Wireless service providers may charge for airtime and/or data in relation to each standard text message sent and received. Please contact your service provider for pricing and service plan information and rates before mobile device participation.
- Submission Requirements: BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU AGREE THAT THE POST (AND EACH INDIVIDUAL COMPONENT THEREOF – INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE PHOTO) COMPLIES WITH ALL CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE RULES. THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL BEAR NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER REGARDING THE USE OF YOUR ENTRY OR ANY COMPONENT THEREOF – INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE PHOTO IF INCLUDED. THE RELEASED PARTIES SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY YOU IN THE EVENT IT IS SUBSEQUENTLY DISCOVERED THAT YOU HAVE DEPARTED FROM OR NOT FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THESE RULES.
By participating in the Contest, each entrant hereby warrants and represents that any Post he/she submits:
- is original to him/her;
- does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- the Account will need to be made public to see the specific hashtag;
- will not give rise to any claims whatsoever, including, without limitation, claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party; and
- is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following: nudity; alcohol/drug consumption or smoking; explicit or graphic sexual activity, or sexual innuendo; crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual, religious or other groups (including, without limitation, any competitors of Sponsor); personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names, telephone numbers and addresses (physical or electronic); commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than products of Sponsor; any identifiable third party products, trade-marks, brands and/or logos, other than those of Sponsor); conduct or other activities in violation of these Rules; and/or any other comment that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, at any time and for any reason to screen any Post(s). Any Post that the Sponsor deems, in its sole and absolute discretion, to violate the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules is subject to disqualification. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion at any time and for any reason, to request an entrant to modify, edit and/or re-submit his or her Post in order to ensure that the Post complies with these Rules, or for any other reason. If such an action is necessary at any point during or after the Contest, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take whatever action it deems necessary based on the circumstances – including, without limitation, disqualifying the Post (and therefore the corresponding Entry and/or the associated entrant).
- Winner Determination: On or about Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at approximately 10:00 am PT at Expedia’s office at 333 108th Avenue NE, Bellevue, Washington, 98004, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will review all eligible entries submitted during the entire Contest Period, and select one (1) potential winner, based on the following judging criteria:
- Quality of Submission
- Depicts the image of a summer road trip
The Entrant with highest score based on the Judging Criteria will be deemed the potential Prize Winner. In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Entry received the highest score for best depiction of the image of a summer road trip as determined by the qualified judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the potential winner. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than one (1) winner if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries.
- Sponsor’s Rights to Entries: By entering the Contest and submitting an Entry, each entrant: (i) without limiting the Instagram Rules, grants to the Sponsor, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her Entry (and each component thereof), in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her Entry (and each component thereof) in favor of the Sponsor; and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses arising from use of his/her Entry (or any component thereof), including, without limitation, any claim based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related or other cause of action whatsoever. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and at any time, to disqualify any Entry (or any component thereof) if a complaint is received with respect to the Entry, or for any other reason. If such an action is necessary at any point during or after the Contest, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take whatever action it deems necessary based on the circumstances – including, without limitation, disqualifying the Entry and/or the associated entrant.
- Notification and Requirements of Potential Winner: Potential winner will be notified by direct message on Instagram within one (1) day of choosing a winning entrant and will be asked to respond to provide their full name, telephone number (including area code), date of birth, mail and/or email address. Sponsor will then follow up with potential winner via email with instructions on how to claim their prize. Potential winner will be required to execute and return to Sponsor a declaration of eligibility, a liability release and, where lawful, a publicity release within five (5) days of date of issuance. If documents are not returned within the specified time period, prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor is unable to contact the potential winner or the potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate potential winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries received as soon as reasonably possible. Such newly selected potential winner will be notified by email within three (3) business days of the selection, and will be asked to provide the same information as requested above. Only three (3) alternate entrants will be contacted for a prize. Except where prohibited, potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded.
- Prize: One (1) potential Contest Prize Winner will receive a prize that consists of one (1) round trip airfare to London Heathrow airport on United Airlines departing from one (1) of the following cities: Denver, Colorado; Chicago, Illinois; Houston, Texas; Los Angeles, California; Newark, New Jersey; San Francisco, California; or Washington, D.C. and up to $3,000 in the form of a travel voucher from Expedia. Travel voucher expires October 6, 2017 and can only be used on one (1) booking. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of prize(s): up to $4,500 ($1,500 for airfare and $3,000 for travel voucher). Actual retail value of a prize may vary based on the point of departure, rates at time of booking, travel dates and type of hotel booked. Any difference between stated ARV and actual value will not be awarded.
Travel must be round trip and must take place by October 6, 2017 or the prize will be forfeited. The prize is subject to availability of flights and a room on the winner’s preferred dates to Great Britain. Sponsor will work with winner in order to book the trip.
While on the trip, Winner will be asked to take video, post on social with #RoadtipGB and #OMGB and be a guest blogger on the Expedia Viewfinder blog. Sponsor will work with Winner as to the video and blog entries once the trip has been finalized.
A major credit card may be required at check in to cover incidental charges. No cancellation of reservation or transfer of reservation to another date after reservation has been made.
Winner and any guest(s) will be solely responsible for obtaining any/all applicable passports, visas and inoculations necessary for travel. Travel expenses, including airfare, for any guest(s) will be the responsibility of that guest(s). Guest(s) must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least 21), unless the child or legal ward of a winner and must sign a liability/publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents. If guest is a child or legal ward of winner, winner must sign and return release on behalf of such child or legal ward. The prize is not transferrable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
Blackout dates may apply. Travel restrictions may apply. Winner is responsible for paying any applicable federal, state, local, income and withholding taxes, if any, and any and all other costs and expenses not listed herein as being provided, including but not limited to any/all ground transportation, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, luggage fees, meals, beverages, hotel incidentals, souvenirs, personal expenses and gratuities. In the event that any tax withholding is required by law for a prize, winner authorizes Sponsor to make the corresponding deduction. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor or Prize Provider will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellations or delays. Sponsor or Prize Provider will not be liable for any airline and/or hotel fees incurred as a consequence of changing or cancelling flight and/or hotel reservations. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Winner may not transfer, assign or substitute a prize, or redeem a prize for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other vouchers, offers or discounts. The value of the tickets is not refundable. Prize is awarded “as is” without any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. The prize is subject to, and the winners must abide by, the prize providers’ terms and conditions of booking, of carriage for the flights and of stay for the hotel.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Contest, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
12. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Instagram, their parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, compensatory, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Washington. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, including its choice of laws provision.
- Results: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Administrator, Expedia’s “#RoadtripGB” Instagram Contest, 333 108th Avenue NE, Bellevue, Washington 98004. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period.