Celebrate the Long Weekend and Save in California, Hawaii, North Carolina and Florida
BELLEVUE, Wash., June 23, 2016 – Today, Expedia.com® revealed five of the top July 4 package destinations where travelers can save hundreds of dollars booking their flight and hotel together. The simple process of booking a combination of a flight, hotel and/or a car together is the easiest way for a traveler to save sizable sums of money. Yet many travelers still book their flight, hotel and car independently, leaving that money on the table.
Expedia’s top summer travel advice is to capture that money. When planning travel, test the savings made possible via booking a hotel and a flight simultaneously.
Expedia.com’s analytics team scoured the U.S. market looking for top package destinations. July 4 weekend in particular finds exceptional package-driven savings in Palm Springs, California, among several other popular destinations. In particular, Expedia’s analysis shows that savings on travel to Palm Springs are averaging nearly 25%, equating to nearly $500 saved per package booking.
Five of the top package destinations for can be found in California, Hawaii, North Carolina and Florida. In particular:
- Palm Springs, California
- Nearly 25% average savings per package, or roughly $500
- Lihue, Hawaii
- 20% average savings per package, or +/- $350
- Maui, Hawaii
- Nearly 15% average savings per package, or +/- $300
- Wilmington, North Carolina
- Nearly 15% average savings per package, or +/- $250
- Fort Myers, Florida
- Over 10% average savings per package, or about $200
International destinations showing particularly strong package savings possibilities include Hong Kong, Cancun, San Jose del Cabo and Nassau, Bahamas. Within Europe, analysts found solid package savings in Paris, London, Edinburgh, Rome and Milan.
“The equation is simple. If you book a flight, hotel and car simultaneously, you’re likely to save money versus booking them independently. And you don’t need to book all three at once, any pairing fits,” said John Morrey, vice president and general manager, Expedia.com. “We cannot emphasize this enough. You might save $50. You might save $500. But whatever you would save will disappear if you don’t take this step. Package bookings are both the easiest and most consistent way to make budget-conscious travel choices.”
20th Anniversary Savings
2016 is Expedia’s 20th anniversary. To commemorate this milestone, Expedia is offering exclusive deals, promotions and package savings of nearly 20 percent every day throughout the entire promotion, which runs through August 2, 2016.
Summer Travel Tips
In addition to package bookings, the following tips should help make the summer travel experience smoother and simpler for consumers.
- Speed through security. Signing up for TSA PreCheck and Global Entry can often allow you to shorten time spent in line by providing expedited clearance through security when arriving for your flight, as well as bypassing customs lines upon arrival in the United States.
- Pack light. Where possible, carry on your baggage to avoid potentially long lines at check in. Also be sure to avoid items that may result in getting your bag checked at security, including oversized liquids or cork screws.
- Abide by the 3-1-1 rule. The TSA allows for a 1 quart-sized bag of liquids per person. Each liquid container cannot exceed 3.4 oz. Exceed them and you’ll be stopped.
- Don’t be afraid to ask. When you reach the airport, ask a TSA agent where to find the fastest line. Agents are in regular touch with one another and can offer relevant advice.
- Keep your mobile apps close. Keep your phone handy throughout your trip for quick access to important notifications such as flight delays and gate changes. The Expedia app will send real-time notifications and alerts about any flight status changes or gate changes to your phone, so you can stay up-to-date.
Expedia.com® is one of the world’s largest full service travel sites, helping millions of travelers per month easily plan and book travel. Expedia.com (https://www.expedia.com/, 1-800-EXPEDIA) aims to provide the latest technology and the widest selection of top vacation destinations, cheap tickets, hotel deals, car rentals, destination weddings, cruise deals and in-destination activities, attractions, services and travel apps. With the Expedia® Best Price Guarantee, Expedia.com customers can get the best rates available online for all types of travel.
Expedia, Expedia.com, Expedia Rewards, Find Yours, Vacation Deprivation and the Airplane logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Expedia, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the property of their respective owners © 2016 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. CST # 2029030-50.
Web site: https://www.expedia.com/
For more information, please contact:
Dave McNamee Maureen Thon
Expedia.com HL Group
(917) 332-5039 (646) 375-4027
# # #