Estimated reading time: less than a minute
10 romantic things to do this Valentine’s Day
Travel is for lovers, we always say. With Valentine’s Day around the corner, here’s our bucket list of things to […]
Travel is for lovers, we always say. With Valentine’s Day around the corner, here’s our bucket list of things to do for all you hand-holders, sweethearts, and right-swiping romantics out there.
1. Stick with the classics and it’s hard to go wrong. Listen to the deep voice of a serenading gondolier as it bounces off the centuries-old Gothic architecture flanking Venice’s quiet canals during a private gondola ride. Add dinner to achieve true hopeless romantic status.
2. Chocolate and valentines go together like hot dogs and baseball. Pop into sweet shops with your sweetheart as you indulge in melt-in-your-mouth creationsfrom the best artisan confectioners in the City of Lights. It’s an activity that can only be improved upon with the addition of wine.
3. Sometimes clichés are too good to ignore. Savor the last golden rays of a picture-perfect sunset as you drift along the aquamarine coast of Cabo, andconsider a private boat to make sure the experience is yours and yours alone.
4. Champagne? Check. Sunrise? Check. Hot air balloon? Check. Tap into this trinity of romance as you take to the skies above Cappadocia’s rock-studded valley for an early morning flight that culminates in a glass-clinking toast to your high-flying partner.
5. Forget selfie sticks and timers. Capture your magic moments and cheesy poses with the help of a professional photographer in Barcelona, using the charming streets of the city’s Gothic Quarter as the perfect backdrop.
6. Is there anything sultrier than the tango? Learn to swing your hips in an expert-led lesson, or watch passionate professionals bring this glamourous Argentinean dance to life during a dinner show at an intimate, historic theater in Buenos Aires.
7. Portugal's most mournful songs are also its most romantic, and a moving fado performance is a must in Lisbon. Top off an evening stroll in the atmospheric Alfama district with a live performance and a glass of fizzy vinho verde.
8. The couple who plays together stays together, and partner yoga is a great way to exercise and challenge each other to strike acrobatic poses you can’t do on your own. Learn fun, 2-person yoga postures with a private instructor, and pick up therapeutic Thai massage techniques to help each other heal and stretch in a serene garden in Bali.
9. Channel your inner Tristan and Iseult, your Romeo and Juliet, your Heloise and Abelard with a stargazing outing on a balmy Hawaiian night. Take in the beauty of the cosmos with your star-crossed (or not!) lover, wishing on shooting stars and testing your constellation knowledge during a moonlit cruise, atop a light pollution-free mountain summit, or with a high-powered telescope on a rooftop observation deck.
10. Still waiting for Cupid's arrow to hit The One? If you're single on February 14th, Vegas has you covered. You might stumble across your soulmate on a VIP Club Crawl, pick up some new moves in a, uh, adult-oriented dance class, or catch the eye of a hunky performer or seductive songstress at Thunder from Down Under or the SEXXY revue. If all goes well, might we suggest sealing the deal with an Elvis-officiated wedding ceremony at Graceland Wedding Chapel?
What are you doing to celebrate Valentine’s Day this year?
Expedia compensates authors for their writings appearing on this site, such compensation may include travel and other costs.
Latest posts by Expedia Local Expert (see all)
- Eating well on the Great American Road Trip – Southern Route - July 1, 2018
- Travel back in time with cultural and historical reenactments - June 24, 2018
- Farm to fork fun in Maui - June 17, 2018