Making your travel count for the kids of St. Jude
Working at Expedia, we’re in an incredibly fortunate position to touch millions of lives every year through travel, in ways both big and small. We get to help you marvel at the natural beauty in this world. We get to help you learn from and appreciate different cultures and open your mind to new ways of thinking as you explore the world and meet new people. We get to help you discover that special giggle you hear from your kids when you’re on vacation – miles away from email, laundry, and the daily tasks that can distract us. We get to help you be that perfect version of yourself that comes out through travel. We get to help put you in control of your travel so you can find yours. We’re so grateful that so many of you give us the chance to be by your side as your travel partner when you take all those big and small journeys.
But this month, we want to really make your travel count. September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month and, throughout the month, we’re partnering with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital® to help all of us make the kind of difference through our travel that we don’t often get to do, to make our travel count for something much bigger. All throughout September, you can join us by:
Dream big, save money on travel, and save a child’s life with St. Jude and Expedia. Find out more and enter the St. Jude Dream Trips Giveaway.
- Donating $25 to St. Jude and getting one of two coupons, one for 10% off for use on select hotels at Expedia.com or one for 20% off for use on select hotels through the Expedia mobile app.
- Participating in our St. Jude Dream Trips Giveaway. We have over 150 amazing trips that we’re giving away to support St. Jude. For a suggested donation of just $5 per trip*, you can enter for an opportunity to win trips to places like Bali, Antigua, Vegas, Germany, the Dominican Republic, and more. We’re incredibly grateful for the help of over 200 partners from around the world for contributing their hotels, planes, and cruise ships to this cause.
- Trade your Expedia Rewards points in for a donation to St. Jude throughout September and all year long.
We’ve been a partner of St. Jude for many years now and here’s why: St. Jude founder Danny Thomas believed that “no child should die in the dawn of life.” Your participation in these travel programs helps bring the St. Jude team closer to the day when every precious life can be saved. The support of travelers like you helps ensure that St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital will continue its lifesaving mission of finding cures and saving children. Treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20% to 80% since it opened 50 years ago. St. Jude is working to drive the overall survival rate for childhood cancer to 90 percent in the next decade. And every child saved at St. Jude means doctors and scientists worldwide can use that knowledge to save thousands of more children.
We weren’t aware of this when we first got involved with St. Jude but the majority of St. Jude funding comes from public contributions. The result is that St. Jude has the freedom to focus on what matters most – saving kids regardless of their financial situation. Because families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing, or food – because all a family should worry about is helping their child live – your contributions mean so much.
We hope you’ll join us all this month as you make your trip plans by making that travel count even more. Dream big, save on travel, and help the kids of St. Jude. Visit us at stjude.expedia.com to learn more.
– The Expedia St. Jude Dream Team
*Donation not required for entry. Donation does not increase likelihood of winning.
Open to US residents only. For full Terms and Conditions, please visit stjude.expedia.com.
Expedia compensates authors for their writings appearing on this site, such compensation may include travel and other costs.
Latest posts by Expedia Guest Author (see all)
- Banff and Lake Louise, Canada’s best-kept winter secret - August 28, 2017
- Revelations of a skeptical first time cruiser - August 14, 2017
- 7 spots to see the eclipse in Jacksonville, FL - August 9, 2017