Adding seamless flight importing to FlightTrack 5
Millions of travelers use the FlightTrack app to monitor their flights while on the go. We’re pleased to announce that we’ve integrated a new feature to make this process even easier. Launching this week, Tripdeck is our new service that allows travelers to quickly add flights to FlightTrack 5 simply by forwarding their confirmation emails to us.
We’ve partnered with WorldMate and are excited to bring this functionality to FlightTrack users.
Tripdeck is a free service and is available to all existing FlightTrack 5 customers on iOS and Android devices (smartphones and tablets) around the world.
How it works:
- Sign up for a free Expedia account in FlightTrack 5 so we can uniquely associate your itinerary confirmation emails with you.
- After booking a flight, simply forward the confirmation email you receive to email@example.com.
- We will pull the flight information from the email and add it to your account automatically.
- We’ll send you a notification that your itinerary is available in FlightTrack.
- Open FlightTrack and have all your flight details on the go!
The beauty of this service is in how easy it is to use, how quickly it works, and, well, just how gorgeous it is! While you’re able to forward flight confirmation from hundreds of airlines and travel agencies to firstname.lastname@example.org, there’s an added perk if you book your flight with Expedia.com: If you’re logged into your Expedia account and book a flight, your itinerary will automatically be added to FlightTrack, and there’s no need to forward your confirmation email at all.
We’re excited about Tripdeck because it makes FlightTrack the most complete flight-tracking app available. Just by forwarding your flight details to email@example.com, you will always have your important flight details with you, including confirmation numbers, seat assignments, updates on your flight status, terminal information, and baggage carousel assignments.
We will be offering FlightTrack 5 at a great rate for a limited time on Android and iOS devices. Android users can visit Google Play for a US$0.99 download. iOS customers can download the free Expedia app and access a free download of FlightTrack 5 via the Expedia Media Lounge (open Expedia app, click on “Trips,” click on “Extras,” download FlightTrack 5!).
Expedia compensates authors for their writings appearing on this site, such compensation may include travel and other costs.
Latest posts by Tarran Street (see all)
- Making travel accessible to all - October 19, 2017
- Travel made easy: Expedia’s brand new Cortana Skill is out now - September 18, 2017
- Science of travel with Bill Nye - May 17, 2017