Travelers can now purchase train tickets across the United Kingdom
We are proud to announce that travelers visiting Expedia.co.uk will now see an option to book a standalone rail ticket! Our team has been working with various partners over the past year to build a rail product for travelers. This is our first time releasing train ticket purchase options through our site on our new technology platform. As a result, we are launching this first experience as a pilot. We’re hoping to understand interest in the functionality, identify, and address any challenges with the experience, and gather feedback from our customers, developers, and the travel community to learn how we can make this experience the best it can be when we expand the launch.
For now, here’s how it works:
1. Select the “Trains” tab on the homepage and input trip details.
2. Browse and sort results, or filter your search based on class, changes, fare type, and refund policy.
3. Click individual results to view fare options and journey details.
4. Review selected trip details.
5. Input traveler information, ticket delivery options, and payment type to complete booking.
We hope you’ll check out the experience and share any feedback you may have.
We look forward to expanding our train offering soon. Is there a particular destination you want to travel by train? Share below in the comments!
Expedia compensates authors for their writings appearing on this site, such compensation may include travel and other costs.
Latest posts by Tarran Street (see all)
- Making travel accessible to all - October 19, 2017
- Travel made easy: Expedia’s brand new Cortana Skill is out now - September 18, 2017
- Science of travel with Bill Nye - May 17, 2017