The perfect setting, a stunning ensemble, your nearest and dearest by your side, and the anticipation of starting a new adventure. It’s every girl’s dream! But we’re not talking about the wedding. It’s your Scottsdale bachelorette party, of course!
The gorgeous desert-bound enclave just outside Phoenix is the perfect backdrop for a stunning, fun-packed getaway with your best friends. Whether you’re drawn by the dramatic desert vistas that seem to change with the light or by the town’s famed spas and galleries, a Scottsdale, AZ bachelorette party will give you the recharge you need before your big day.
But what should you do in Scottsdale? If you feel overwhelmed with options and the task of keeping tabs on a whole group of party animals, hand over the reins! (Don’t worry, you’ll get those reins back again—keep reading and you’ll see!) A Scottsdale bachelorette party itinerary is quick and easy to throw together when you have this many activities to choose from.
For Culture Cravers
Scottsdale is known for its elegant art galleries—and no wonder. The brilliant light and stark scenery of the surrounding desert is a dream for any painter or photographer. Luckily, many of Scottsdale’s galleries are clustered within a few easily walkable blocks of Main Street, making it easy for your gang to go gallery-hopping.
Unique exhibition spaces include The Sacred Art Gallery, where various styles of religious art are featured; and King Galleries, where traditional and contemporary forms of Native American ceramic arts are the main attraction.
For Water Babies
You don’t need to be reminded—the desert is HOT! If you and the crew want to simmer down for a spell, you’ll be relieved to find pool parties in Scottsdale. Chill out at Maya Day + Nightclub, where Vegas-style pool parties await. Grab a tropical drink at the poolside bar, stretch out under the desert sun, or slip into the cool blue water.
For an Oasis of Calm
If your vision of the perfect bachelorette party in Scottsdale is less wet and wild and more chill and mild, dive right into Scottsdale’s spa scene. While there’s no shortage of luxurious wellness and relaxation spas to pamper you and your friends, you can’t go wrong with Spa Avania. An extensive menu of massages, facials, and body therapies means everyone can find a soothing treatment to suit their fancy. Can’t decide between a beauty treatment and a relaxing ritual? Try the Avania Pedicure, which includes a foot soak and leg massage.
For Sophisticated Sips
Feeling inspired by all the great art in Scottsdale? You don’t have to settle for just admiring it. At Art of Merlot, you can live the lush life with a wine and paint party. Sign up for a scheduled class or book a private party for as many as 50 people. Your girl gang will have a blast making memories and art together. What better souvenir of a well-spent vacation than a fully finished piece of art that you created yourself? And with a glass of wine close at hand, you’ll have a great night no matter how your finished project turns out.
For Escape Artists
Paint not your thing? Maybe your talents lie elsewhere. For a fun game that will bond you and your bride squad, book an adventure at Escape the Room. You can choose from several scenarios, from a secret agent mission to an Wild West bank robbery. Once inside, your team has 60 minutes to follow the clues, beat the odds, and escape! The various themed rooms can accommodate different group sizes, from as few as 8 people to as many as 12, so keep the size of your group in mind when choosing your own adventure.
For Getting Back in the Saddle
Excited to get out of the city and find out how wild the West can be? Mosey on over to Cave Creek Outfitters for a horseback trail ride through the desert. No matter what your horseback experience level is, you’ll be paired with an easygoing equine and led by an experienced guide through the gorgeous Sonoran desert.
Get that camera ready for a selfie with a saguaro! Up to 12 people can be accommodated in a group trail ride, and you can choose a one- or two-hour excursion. Even better, Cave Creek Outfitters is open year-round, seven days a week, so plan your party whenever it suits you and ride off into the sunset!
For Flavors to Savor
Scottsdale may be in a desert, but its food scene is lush. Bring the party downtown to one of these restaurants for a taste of what makes Scottsdale so delicious:
- Second Story isn’t just one of the best bars in Old Town Scottsdale, it’s also a great place for good food. Located on—you guessed it—the second story of a building in Old Town, this cocktail lounge is home to both classic and inventive mixed drinks, an extensive whiskey menu, and tasty dishes like fennel and brie fondue.
- Some nights you just party too hard. If you and the girls find yourself in that position, fear not: Hash Kitchen is waiting to rescue you. They boast Arizona’s largest Bloody Mary bar (with truly impressive garnishes), more menu items than you can handle, and—brace yourself—brunch seven days a week.
- Equally perfect for a sit-down or on-the-go eating experience, Cornish Pasty Co is a unique joint with a menu that features savory UK-style hand pies. Fillings range from traditional to surprising, and there are plenty of vegan and vegetarian options.
For Nights Under the Lights
Your bachelorette getaway won’t be complete without a detour at some Scottsdale nightclubs. You can party the night away at one of these sizzling spots:
- Beverly on Main is everything Scottsdale bars and clubs should be: a classy pub with delicious food that cranks up the volume on weekends. On Friday and Saturday, there’s a DJ in the house, food is served until midnight, and the place is packed until 2 a.m.
- The desert may not conjure up visions of trendy clubs with cool vibes, but Scottsdale nightlife defies expectations. For a luxe club atmosphere, head to Shade Lounge at the W Scottsdale. It’s a rooftop poolside bar with a desert-oasis flavor and surprising decorative touches.
- You’re in the Southwest, honey—might as well get down and dirty! Rusty Spur Saloon is the real deal—a cowboy bar with Old West trappings and live music every night. Wiggle into your cowboy boots and get your posse out on the dance floor!
Where to Stay in Scottsdale for a Bachelorette Party?
Scottsdale is a town made for relaxation, so it’s no surprise that there are so many cozy hotels in Scottsdale to choose from. You’ll have a comfortable and convenient room to come home to after exploring Scottsdale’s intriguing neighborhoods:
- Old Town – It really is the oldest part of town. It’s home to the two olive trees planted by Winfield Scott in the 19th century—yes, we’re referring to Scottsdale’s namesake. You’ll also find quaint boutiques, Southwestern art galleries, restaurants, and craft cocktail lounges.
- Gainey Ranch – An upscale area of cafés, spas, and high-end boutiques, Gainey Ranch also offers stunning mountain views. Hang out in this area if you’re craving a chic afternoon.
- North Scottsdale – For a luxurious night, North Scottsdale is the place to be. Reserve a table at an ultra-hip steakhouse or share a bottle of red at a wine bar. Need something a little more introspective? Step outside and look up at the brilliant desert stars.
Scottsdale is the perfect place to bring your friends for a bachelorette party that feels exciting and laid-back at the same time. Book your flights to Scottsdale, Phoenix and get ready for a getaway that’s hotter than the desert sun.
Visiting Scottsdale Internationally?
Q: What documents does a Canadian need to enter the USA?
A: Canadians entering the United States need a valid passport…and that’s it! This document will suffice whether you’re entering the country by plane, car, or boat.
Q: What is the exchange rate of Canadian currency to USD?
A: The exchange rate between Canadian and American currency fluctuates somewhat, but the American dollar has consistently been stronger for a while. When you exchange your currency, you’ll probably find that one Canadian dollar will get you about $0.75 in American money.
Q: What is the legal drinking age in the US?
A: The legal drinking age throughout the US—and that includes Arizona—is 21 years old.