Estimated reading time: 1 minute
Top hotels in Bangkok
Expedia’s top Bangkok hotels as ranked by 2013 Insiders’ Select™ List of The World’s Best-Reviewed Hotels.
You can find just about everything in the world-class city of Bangkok, Thailand. From street vendors to top restaurants; from weekend markets to upscale shopping malls; from hostels to 5-star hotels. Spend your precious time planning what you'll see and do and let Expedia help you find the best hotels in the city.
The following are the top hotels in Bangkok, chosen from 150,000 Expedia properties. These made the cut and are part of Expedia's exclusive 2013 Insiders’ Select™ List of The World’s Best-Reviewed Hotels. This list is based on verified guest reviews, Expedia’s expert hotel input, and the overall value of the hotel.
1. lebua at State Tower (Hotel Rank: #38). Famous for its rooftop restaurant, Sirocco, lebua is near the Chao Phraya River on Silom Road. Suites have furnished kitchenettes and colonnaded balconies offering fantastic city or Chao Phraya River views. A full-service health spa is one of its exclusive amenities.
2. Oriental Residence Bangkok (Hotel Rank: #51). The Oriental is a luxury hotel on tree-lined Wireless Road, located in Bangkok’s business and embassy district. It features fully-equipped kitchens and marble bathrooms. There's also an exclusive limousine service and complimentary shuttle service to the BTS Chidlom Station.
3. VIE Hotel Bangkok – MGallery Collection (Hotel Rank: #92). Near Siam Ocean World and Siam Center, this 5-star hotel is family-friendly. Also nearby is the Siam Discovery Centre, Jim Thompson House, and Siam Square. It features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, poolside bar, and a full-service spa.
4. Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel (Hotel Rank: #315). This 5-star hotel is near Bangkok’s popular shopping areas that include Pratunam Market, Central Chidlom Department Store, Siam Paragon Mall, Siam Square, and MBK Center. It has four restaurants, an indoor pool, a poolside bar, and a coffee shop.
5. The Peninsula Bangkok (Hotel Rank: #341). The Peninsula has panoramic views of the city skyline and is just a few miles from Bangkok's most famous attractions, including the Grand Palace and Emerald Buddha, Temple of Dawn, and Jim Thompson House. It features a three-tiered swimming pool and sundeck, a spa, helicopter service, and tennis courts.
6. Hansar Bangkok Hotel (Hotel Rank: #600). Right in the heart of downtown Bangkok, this 5-star hotel provides easy access to Siam Square and other commercial and business areas around Bangkok, with just a short walk to the BTS Skytrain. It features spacious, elegant suites, four exceptional gourmet outlets, a pool, spa, and fitness club.
Hotel images courtesy of The Peninsula Bangkok.
Expedia compensates authors for their writings appearing on this site, such compensation may include travel and other costs.
This author has either a relationship with, or received other compensation (which may include monetary or in-kind compensation) from, the product or service providers that are the subject of this post.