As one of the oldest cities in the U.S., Boston is rich in history, culture, arts, and sports. It's also a center for higher education, with many universities located in the region. As such, there are many reasons to visit Beantown. And for that next visit, we'll help you take the guesswork out of where to find the best hotels in and around Boston.
Expedia recently released the 2013 Insiders' Select™ List of the World's Best-Reviewed Hotels. This list, selected from more than 150,000 hotels, is based on a combination of verified guest reviews, Expedia's expert hotel input, and overall value.
1. Boston Harbor Hotel (Hotel Rank: #227). Just a 10-minute drive from Boston Logan International Airport, this 2013 Forbes Five-Star awardee is located in the Financial District and near Faneuil Hall Marketplace and Quincy Market. The large bay windows in its guest rooms provide splendid harbor or city views.
2. Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Canton (Hotel Rank: #235). This hotel is located just 20 miles from downtown Boston and close to attractions like the Eleanor Cabot Bradley Estate, the Museum of American Bird Art at Mass Audubon, and F1 Boston.
3. Hampton Inn Raynham-Taunton (Hotel Rank: #260). Located near Wheaton College, Comcast Center, and Stonehill College, this Raynham hotel offers shuttle service within the area. It also has an indoor pool and a spa tub.
4. Hampton Inn Seekonk (Hotel Rank: #291). This Seekonk city hotel is near the beach and within the vicinity of Big Blue Bug, Brown University, Kennedy Plaza, and Roger Williams Park and Zoo. It also has an outdoor pool.
5. Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea (Hotel Rank: #378). This centrally located hotel is within three miles from both Logan Airport and downtown Boston. It's also close to major attractions like the Boston Expo Center, Faneuil Hall, Fenway Park, and the city of Cambridge. All rooms have separate living and work areas, pull-out queen sofas, and kitchenettes.
6. Hotel Marlowe (Hotel Rank: #488). This Kimpton hotel overlooks the Charles River with Boston just across the water. The modern hotel is perfect for a riverside retreat and features lavish décor and furnishings. Shopping is adjacent to the hotel at the CambridgeSide Galleria.
7. Hotel Commonwealth (Hotel Rank: #558). This hotel offers easy access to transportation, as it's just above the Kenmore Square subway station. Its brasserie offers outdoor dining overlooking Kenmore Square, while the spacious rooms are furnished in total luxury. For shopping and recreation, Newbury Street and Fenway Park are within three blocks.