If you are looking for the best hotels in Chicago, why not take the advice of those who have traveled to the Windy City before you? Expedia recently announced the 2013 Insiders’ Select™ List of The World’s Best-Reviewed Hotels. As part of this effort, the team looked at more than 150,000 hotel properties to short list the top 650, called the Insiders’ Select hotels. When developing this list of the best hotels in the world, we took into consideration a combination of guest reviews, Expedia’s hotel expertise, and overall value.
The Windy City is a fun travel destination year-round. With iconic tourist sights like catching a game at Wrigley Field, or strolling by Millennium Park’s 50-foot tall video projecting water fountains, there’s something for everyone to enjoy in the city of Chicago. Here's a look at the top Insider's Select List™ of the five hotels in Chicago in order:
1. The Peninsula Chicago (Hotel Rank: #358). Head to this luxury hotel on Chicago’s famed Magnificent Mile, just one block from the Chicago Water Tower and the spectacular shopping at Water Tower Place. Wind down in your marble bathroom with a soaking tub and a private TV.
2. The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (Hotel Rank: #311). Located in the center of Chicago, this luxury hotel sits atop Water Tower Place near the Hancock Observatory and great shopping. Relax at the full-service spa or take in the views of the city from the sun deck.
3. Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago (Hotel Rank: #626). A spectacular addition to Chicago’s skyline, this high-rise luxury hotel is the ultimate in luxury. Head to Trump’s day spa featuring gem-infused treatments or swim in the indoor pool overlooking the river.
4. Waldorf Astoria Chicago (Hotel Rank: #197). This hotel defines elegance, with all of the amenities you’d expect from a 5-star hotel. Spend a day walking to the Newberry Library, Hancock Tower, and the Chicago Water Tower, and then rejuvenate in a deep soaking bathtub or at the full-service spa.
5. Hampton Inn Joliet I-55 (Hotel Rank: #399). Located in nearby Joliet, Illinois, this cozy hotel is close to Mistwood Golf Club and the Rialto Square Theater. Features of the property include an indoor pool and spa tub.
Hotel images courtesy of Trump Hotel Chicago.