Denver's central location in the U.S. makes it an ideal spot for outdoor family vacations – be it for summer hiking or winter skiing. But with so many hotel options in the region, how do you choose exactly where to stay?
We can help you make the best decision for you and your travel companions with the release of Expedia’s 2013 Insiders’ Select™ List of The World’s Best-Reviewed Hotels. The list was created based on reviews from Expedia travelers who have stayed at these hotels, Expedia's own hotel expertise, and those considered the best value. See the list of the best-reviewed hotels in and around Denver below.
1. Hotel Teatro (Hotel Rank: #17). This historic, boutique hotel in downtown Denver is aptly named, being located just across the street from the Denver Center for Performing Arts. The Downtown Business District and Larimer Square are nearby, while the Denver Convention Center is just three blocks away. Its Kevin Taylor Restaurant features French-inspired fare and offers an extensive wine list.
2. Four Seasons Hotel Denver (Hotel Rank: #178). This 5-star luxury hotel in city center is near attractions like Buell Theatre, United States Mint, Pepsi Center, Coors Field, and Elitch Gardens Theme Park. The hotel features an on-site health club and poolside bar.
3. Embassy Suites Denver-Downtown/Convention Center (Hotel Rank: #231). Centrally located in Denver's downtown, Embassy Suites is adjacent to the Colorado Convention Center and near entertainment and shopping areas. The guest suites are spacious, each with their own living room.
4. Embassy Suites Loveland (Hotel Rank: #286). This strategically-located hotel in Northern Colorado is just 45 minutes from Denver and near the Budweiser Events Center. It also provides easy access to shopping centers and the Medical Center of the Rockies. A full-service spa and an indoor pool are onsite.
5. Springhill Suites by Marriott Boulder Longmont (Hotel Rank: #384). Located 15 minutes from Boulder and 40 minutes from Denver, Springhill Suites offers easy access to Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park. The guest suites are large and come with a complimentary breakfast buffet.
6. Hilton Garden Inn Fort Collins (Hotel Rank: #441). Located close to Collindale Golf Course, this hotel is also near Edora Pool Ice Center and Northern Colorado Ice Center.
7. Cliff House (Hotel Rank: #517). This historic hotel is situated near attractions like Miramont Castle, Manitou Springs Cave Dwellings, Cave of the Winds, Garden of the Gods, and Pikes Peak Cog Railway. Accommodations come with free breakfast.
Images courtesy of Four Seasons Hotel Denver.