One of our favorite ways to spend a romantic weekend is heading down to California wine country to Napa or Sonoma. From luxury properties to hotels with killer culinary experiences, there are a wide range of amazing Napa and Sonoma hotels to fit every budget. If you are searching for the best hotels in California wine country, consider searching the top 2013 Expedia Insiders’ Select™ List of The World’s Best-Reviewed Hotels. The Expedia team looked at more than 150,000 hotel properties to rank the top 650 Insiders’ Select hotels, using a combination of guest reviews, Expedia’s hotel expertise, and overall value. Here are the top Insiders' Select hotels for Napa and Sonoma.
1. Hotel Yountville (Hotel rank #101). Yountville’s latest luxury hotel pulls out all the stops when it comes to a great stay. Spend time at Spa AcQua with natural therapies featuring locally-sourced organic products, or enjoy farm-to-table breakfasts at the Hopper Creek Kitchen.
2. Resort at Sonoma County (Hotel rank #126). Take the family to these spacious condos near Sonoma Valley wineries, directly next to the Windsor Golf Club. Enjoy two outdoor pools, each with a children’s area for your family fun!
3. Solage Calistoga (Hotel rank #476). Enjoy a comfortable atmosphere with cosmopolitan luxuries at this hotel close to Calistoga Hot Springs. Health and wellness are at the heart of Solage and you can find airy design throughout the hotel.
4. Bardessono (Hotel rank #584): If you’re looking for luxury, head to this 4.5-star resort with a full-service spa close to Domaine Chandon, Napa Valley Museum, and the Napa River Ecological Reserve.
5. McClelland Priest B&B Inn (Hotel rank #631). Stay at this Victorian bed and breakfast close to Downtown Napa built in 1878. Enjoy complimentary breakfast every morning and an evening reception with Napa Valley wine tastings in the evenings.
Photos courtesy of Hotel Yountville.