Estimated reading time: 1 minute
Top hotels in New York City
Top Manhattan hotels ranked by the 2013 Insiders’ Select™ List of The World’s Best-Reviewed Hotels
Searching for a hotel in New York City can be intimidating. There are literally hundreds of hotels, in every size, rating, and budget in Manhattan. However, Expedia’s 2013 Insiders’ Select™ List of The World’s Best-Reviewed Hotels can help take the guess work out of planning your next trip to New York City. Expedia guests stay and review thousands of properties worldwide every year and the team has curated the exclusive 2013 Insiders’ Select™ List of top New York City hotels. Here is a quick look at the top-ranked Manhattan hotels:
1. Hotel Sofitel New York (Hotel rank: #85). This sustainable property sits just one block from 5th Avenue shopping and the Theater District. Guest rooms are furnished with Sofitel signature MyBeds and include French toiletries, candles, and orchids in marble-clad bathrooms. If you’re hungry, head down to Gaby for dining alfresco.
2. Hyatt 48 Lex (Hotel rank: #209). Step into a hip 4.5-star luxury hotel in Midtown Manhattan on Lexington. The hotel mixes personalized concierge service with high-end contemporary art and design and is walkable to popular New York City destinations like the Chrysler Building and Grand Central Station.
3. The Mark (Hotel rank: #287). On the Upper East Side, this 16-story hotel is in the heart of Manhattan’s social and cultural scene. Perfect for visits to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, The Whitney Museum, and Central Park, there’s plenty of chic experiences to be had at The Mark.
4. The Michelangelo Hotel (Hotel rank: #443). Experience Italian elegance in Midtown Manhattan. Located one block from Radio City Music Hall and Rockefeller Center, this gorgeous hotel even offers chocolate kisses at turndown.
5. The Sherry Netherland (Hotel rank #467). This classic New York hotel in the Central Park neighborhood is convenient for strolls through the park. Also nearby is Barney’s and the Rockefeller Center to shop until you drop. End the night in cozy guest rooms with free WiFi and pillow top mattresses.
Expedia compensates authors for their writings appearing on this site, such compensation may include travel and other costs.