We love Southern California for its sunny skies, sand, surf, and abundance of places to explore and stay year-round. From Los Angeles to San Diego, in the heart of Southern California, is a warm weather playground on the west coast that offers great experiences for every type of traveler. To help you plan your trip, here are some of the top hotels around Los Angeles and down the Southern California coast, as ranked by Expedia's 2013 Insiders’ Select™ List of The World’s Best-Reviewed Hotels.
1. Pacific Terrace Hotel (Hotel rank #164). Just three miles from La Jolla, this beachfront San Diego hotel is a perfect place to take an evening stroll and watch the sunset over the Pacific Ocean.
2. L’Ermitage Beverly Hills (Hotel rank #170). On a tree-lined boulevard in the famed Beverly Hills sits this secluded hotel. Near Rodeo Drive, for unmatched shopping, the hotel welcomes you back every visit with Asian-inspired guest rooms featuring high-tech luxuries. Enjoy some pool time from the rooftop pool and garden with 360-degree views of Los Angeles.
3. The Ritz-Carlton Los Angeles (Hotel rank #249). Dramatic, panoramic views await you at this luxury hotel, where you receive a complimentary glass of champagne at check-in and can enjoy a meal at the WP24 restaurant & lounge by Wolfgang Puck. Located next to the Staples Center, it’s your opportunity to get exclusive access to all of the entertainment that L.A. offers.
4. Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Westlake Village (Hotel rank #268). Take on good health at this hotel located within the California Health & Longevity Center. Focus on some “me-time” with holistic massages, relaxation in the eucalyptus steam room, and great views out of the floor-to-ceiling windows.
5. London West Hollywood (Hotel rank #295). Located just below the Sunset Strip, this hip hotel is situated within a block of couture shops and popular nightclubs. Guest suites feature verandas, and you can grab dinner at a restaurant created by celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay.