Some of the best skiing in the country can be found in and around Vail, Colorado. And it happens to also be home to some of the best hotels in the world. Expedia recently released the 2013 Insiders’ Select™ List of The World’s Best-Reviewed Hotels, a list of the top properties worldwide, selected from more than 150,000 hotels. The list is a combination of verified guest reviews, Expedia’s expert hotel input, and overall value.
Why not try out one of these Colorado hotels for your next ski vacation?
1. Crystal Peak Lodge/Breckenridge (Hotel Rank: #175). This is a mountain condominium resort with ski-in/ski-out access to Independence, Rocky Mountain, and Colorado SuperChair Ski Lifts. It's also close to Breckenridge Ski Resort and 5-Chair Ski Lift. Guest rooms feature balconies, kitchens, and fireplaces, and the lodge offers a spa tub and ski storage for guests.
2. Tivoli Lodge (Hotel Rank: #206). This European-style lodge is conveniently located in the center of Vail and is just one block from Gondola #1. Also, Vail Village is just a five-minute walk. Family-operated since the 1960s, expect traditional hospitality and warm ambiance.
3. Sonnenalp (Hotel Rank: #269). This romantic resort is near Vail and also close to Cogswell Gallery, the Betty Ford Alpine Gardens, and the Gerald Ford Amphitheater. The hotel includes a full-service spa and indoor pool.
4. The Sebastian (Hotel Rank: #436). Located in the heart of Vail Village, The Sebastian has ski-in/ski-out access. Complimentary refreshments, fresh fruit, and house-made snacks are offered in the rooms. There are several dining options and the resort is a member of Preferred Hotels and Resorts.
5. The Arrabelle at Vail Square (Hotel Rank: #438). This boutique resort is right at the base of Vail Mountain and Ski Resort and is within steps of the Eagle Bahn gondola. It features a full-service health spa with a rooftop pool and spa tubs. Guest rooms have fireplaces and the bathrooms have soaking tubs and separate showers.
Hotel images courtesy of The Sebastian.