Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
Top hotels in Vancouver
Expedia’s top Vancouver hotels as ranked by 2013 Insiders’ Select™ List of The World’s Best-Reviewed Hotels
Visitors in the know go to Vancouver for the food. With its diverse population, you can find a wide variety of culinary delights from around the world. But once you're satisfied, you'll want a nice place to lay your head at the end of the day.
Just how do you figure out the very best hotels in this city? It's easy with the release of Expedia’s 2013 Insiders’ Select™ List of The World’s Best-Reviewed Hotels. This list includes the best 650 hotels out of more than 150,000 worldwide and is based on reviews from Expedia travelers who've weighed in with their opinions, as well as Expedia’s hotel expertise. See the best-reviewed hotels in the Vancouver, British Columbia area below.
1. Fairmont Pacific Rim (Hotel Rank: #124). This waterfront hotel adjoining the convention center and Canada Place offers views of Coal Harbour and the North Shore Mountains. The spacious rooms feature skyline, water, and mountain views. The hotel’s Willow Stream Spa, a rooftop pool, and hot tub provide relaxation to guests.
2. The Magnolia Hotel and Spa in Victoria (Hotel Rank: #137). This downtown Victoria hotel is located just two blocks from Inner Harbour and is near the Royal BC Museum and Government Street shops. The guest rooms are non-smoking and the hotel features a restaurant and spa.
3. Maple View Bed and Breakfast in Nanaimo (Hotel Rank: #139). Less than 60 miles from downtown Vancouver, this romantic bed and breakfast is located near the Nanaimo Aquatic Centre and the Woodgrove Shopping Centre. Also nearby are Frank Crane Arena, Nanaimo Regional General Hospital, and Vancouver Island University.
4. Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa (Hotel Rank: #172). This waterfront boutique hotel is 60 miles from downtown Vancouver and 22 miles from downtown Victoria. Guest rooms open out to balconies with sweeping ocean views. It features a luxury day spa, splash pool, spa tub, fitness room, a seafood restaurant, pub, and a wine shop.
5. Rosewood Hotel Georgia (Hotel Rank: #386). This 5-star city hotel is close to Pacific Centre Shopping Mall, Canada Place, BC Place Stadium, Granville Island Public Market, and Stanley Park. It has four restaurants, an indoor pool, a full-service spa, and a bar/lounge.
6. Loden Hotel (Hotel Rank: #388). A stylish boutique hotel in the exclusive neighborhood of Coal Harbour in Vancouver, this hotel is near Stanley Park, the Vancouver Convention Centre, Cruise Ship Terminal, historic Gastown, and within minutes of shopping outlets. Guest rooms and the 24-hour fitness studio feature floor-to-ceiling windows.
7. Nita Lake Lodge in Whistler (Hotel Rank: #462). This boutique lodge is located 75 miles from Vancouver in Whistler. It provides complimentary on-demand shuttle to the nearby base of Whistler Mountain and Creekside Gondola in Whistler Blackcomb Ski Resort, as well as ski valet service. Lodge amenities include three gourmet restaurants and a spa. Guest rooms are spacious, featuring basalt gas fireplaces, kitchenettes, and soaker tubs in the bathrooms.
8. Pinnacle Hotel at the Pier (Hotel Rank: #481). Located in Lonsdale Quay Market (just a Seabus ride away from downtown Vancouver), this waterfront hotel is near Grouse Mountain and Capilano Suspension Bridge. Rooms have either harbor or mountain views and hotel amenities include an indoor pool, steam room, sauna, hot tub, health club, yoga, and pilates classes.
9. Four Seasons Resort Whistler (Hotel Rank: #565). This luxury resort is 75 miles from Vancouver and offers quick access to Whistler Blackcomb’s ski slopes. During ski season, the hotel provides complimentary shuttle service to Whistler Village and to the base of Whistler Mountain. Other notable features include a heated outdoor pool and spa tubs.
10. Wedgewood Hotel & Spa (Hotel Rank: #575). Located in Robson Square, this downtown Vancouver boutique hotel is near Robson Street and Stanley Park. Its luxury spa offers indulgent botanical treatments and the guest rooms are furnished with European-style antique and art pieces from the hotel’s private collection.
11. L'Hermitage Hotel (Hotel Rank: #582). This luxury boutique hotel in the heart of Vancouver offers an outdoor heated salt-water lap pool, Jacuzzi, steam rooms, fitness studio, and a business center. An Italian restaurant, Q4 Al Centro, is onsite as well.
Photos courtesy of Fairmont Hotels and Resorts.
Expedia compensates authors for their writings appearing on this site, such compensation may include travel and other costs.
This author has either a relationship with, or received other compensation (which may include monetary or in-kind compensation) from, the product or service providers that are the subject of this post.