One of the many reasons that San Diego is often called “America’s Finest City” is the weather, which is beautiful year-round. So it makes sense that many of its locals and visitors love to fine-tune their tans…without those pesky tan lines. Their secret? Visiting Black’s Beach San Diego, the first public nude beach in California and still one of the largest.
What You Need to Know
Is Black’s Beach a Good Place to Surf?
What to Bring
When to Go
Closest Airport and Transportation
Looking into flights to San Diego? Black’s Beach is located less than 20 miles north of the airport, so you have some options. Rent a car and continue exploring the rest of the county, or easily catch a cab or rideshare right outside the terminal.
Where to Stay
There are plenty of hotels in San Diego, but here are three neighborhoods you could consider for your trip:
- Black’s Beach is located in La Jolla, CA, so staying in downtown La Jolla would be the closest option for your beach getaway.
- The UTC neighborhood also has plenty of shopping and entertainment to keep you busy after your day in the sun.
- A few beaches south is the popular and lively town of Pacific Beach, where you will find no shortage of bars, restaurants, and people watching.
What Else to Do in San Diego
Visiting here isn’t all about the beaches, there are plenty of other activities to satisfy your dry-land needs while in town. Look into other low-cost things to do in San Diego:
- Closer to the airport is the world famous San Diego Zoo where you can meet its nearly 4,000 animals, as well as enjoy beautiful green space.
- Want to check out the salt water without getting sandy? Hop on a Harbor Cruise and see all there is to see in the San Diego Bay.
- Explore above and beneath the waves of La Jolla by taking a guided kayak and snorkel tour.
Black’s Beach San Diego will certainly provide lifelong memories, but there is also so much more to see and do. Tell us about your favorite way to enjoy San Diego on a budget.
Header image: Via Kyle Sprague/Shutterstock.com